I have taken up Quilling a wonderful craft to make jewellery, little flowers etc… (That is an entirely separate blog post 😉 )
Anyhow, I was storing my supplies in my bedside drawer and it started piling up. I needed to organize my drawer asap cos things started getting lost in them… 😮
So this is the same organizer as my previous post but smaller.
Here’s how it looked before… (I know I am messy)
This time however I didn’t measure things as I found an old mango box that fitted perfectly. I cut out its sides and used them as the separators.
I covered the box in newspaper… I don’t know why but I find it charming and much more practical than buying wrapping paper and using it in a box that will be hardly seen once all the things fit in.
This time however I didn’t use duct tape. The cardboard was thicker and sturdier. So I just pasted the news paper on to the separators and stuck the long ones horizontally using Fevicol. Then I measured the smaller ones and cut the card board accordingly. I just eyeballed the size. This time I didn’t use the ruler.
So here’s the Final Product…. tadaaaaaaa. Once again the drawer looks much better.
Please leave a comment below and let me know your ideas, feedback or suggestions
Yes.. once again… I have been away. Primarily because my daughter doesn’t want her hair done any more. It’s always micro-braids in the front and a pulled back pony tail at the back. I have been looking to get a mannequin to practice hairstyles but somehow I never got to that.
Mean while here is a craft I made to organize my wardrobe drawer. Its made entirely out of recycled materials… cardboard boxes from last season of mangoes (yummm) and newspaper. The only thing that I purchased was brown packing tape.
Here’s a picture of how it was before the makeover:
ugghhh… (i know) 😀 😀
Here’s the Step-by-step:
1) Measure your drawer and mark it accordingly on the base of the box. I forgot to take a picture of this step. My bad 🙂
2) Decide what kid of boxes u want and make a rough sketch. I wanted it for storing my stationery and other tidbits so I made 2 long boxes and several short ones. The small ones here are 10cmX10cmX11cm. The long ones are 20cmX10cmX11cm.
3) Stick the boxes to each other with glue and then stick duct tape to make it sturdy.
4) Then cover newspaper all over. You may use your choice of paper like wrapping paper or tinted sheet.
5) Lastly, put it inside your wardrobe drawer and arrange your stuff. 🙂
Hubby loved it and my daughter now can find her pencils, erasers etc whenever she wants them without hassling me. 😉